1. =MGN= is now...
    http://P1gaming.net/forum LOGIN THERE
    Your account has already been moved, login with your old password!

Ingredients of an awesome Urbano City

Discussion in 'Cities' started by MAMA FOOD SUPPLY, Dec 22, 2015.

1. MAMA FOOD SUPPLY

MAMA FOOD SUPPLY Visionary =MGN= Private Active Member

Forum Posts:
    image.jpeg

To all our aspiring Urbano Mayors: this is the thread for you.

Here, I'm gonna outline exactly what you'll need to do to make your City a truly amazing place to be for all Urbano citizens. Here are Mama's official "ingredients" for an awesome Urbano City.

1. A good chunk of land

From our previous experiences in servers like Team Forward, we know that cities expand and get pretty crowded quite quickly. Make sure you start off with a big swath of land - don't worry, there's plenty of it in Urbano. Make sure you coordinate and confirm with the server before we designate your land!

2. An unique, exciting theme

Be as creative as you want with this. Anything you can think of that will be popular with your citizens and encourage them to be creative and engaged, go for it. Personally, I would love to see someone do a replica of Paris or New York City.

3. A sleek, solid City Foundation

You want your city to be easy to build on, and pleasing to look at even from a distance. That means you should probably start by covering your land with a clean, consistent layer of material. Here's what the foundation looks like for the Urbano Capital.

image.jpeg

As you can see, the foundation makes it effortless to start building in the city. It doesn't have to be fancy, it just should be clean. If your city is themed, by all means match that theme with your City Foundation.

4. A beautiful City Hall

Nothing inspires new builders like a stunning structure at the center of your city. In the case of the Urbano Capital, it's unmistakably the Palace of Freedom.

image.jpeg

You can use the City Hall not just for looks, but also for things like keeping track of who lives in your city, keeping track of ongoing projects, or even providing temporary homes for new citizens.

5. A smooth, simple player experience

We want everyone who joins Urbano to feel comfortable right away - and our cities will play a major role in that. The Mayors' job will be to implement a super easy way for new people to join their city, get all the items they need, feel comfortable, and start building what they want to build. The server will provide your City with an unlimited supply of money and Ownership Signs, but you can also have additional items stored to give to your citizens to help them out (like portals or trade portals).

It should be easy to work on individual projects, on team projects, on large-scale city projects, and everything in between. Make sure you have City Councillors at the ready for when you are offline and your citizens need help. Make sure you have clear signage pointing to various destinations in your city; and finally, make sure to have expanding the Urbano Subway under your city as one of your first City projects so people can move through it easily.

6. IMPORTANT: A fast way to assign building land

image.jpeg
    Ground-level plots and nature-themed Sky Platforms in Natura City

Since Urbano is a public server, your City Foundation should be protected. That means people won't be able to modify the land until you assign them land by changing ownership signs. In the Urbano Capital, ownership signs are pre-placed in the sky and map out Land Slots. Your City will work well if you do something similar, so people can quickly start building.

7. Something to make it unique

Apart from its own distinct theme, we want you to go above and beyond with your city. Think of something that you think will differentiate it from the others! For example, you can host weekly or monthly competitions or events, set up an email system, forum, or even a YouTube channel!

I'm sure you'll be able to think of lots of other cool ideas both inside and outside the server to add to your city, so that I will leave up to you!

And that is my list of things that are guaranteed to make your city a huge success!

Whether you're a Mayor, City Councillor, or loyal Citizens, I wish you the best of luck in cultivating and growing your city. As you expand your horizons, remember Urbano's motto:
    Courage. Unity. Freedom.

-MFS
    Advertisements

Advertisements

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016

Reply to First Post
    Dan_The_Gamer likes this.
  2. =MGN=RedEagle2

=MGN=RedEagle2 Commander Awesomesauce Founding Team =MGN= Admin Proud Founder of PSD Proud Citizen of Dawn

Forum Posts:
    That being the basis of a good city is a good idea. Make people create awesome buildings to start a city!
    Advertisements

3. Balance the YingYang

Balance the YingYang Weaver of Destiny =MGN= Trusted Officer Proud Founder of PSD Active Member

Forum Posts:
    "Still complains about android not getting updated yet.. And probably be late"
    Advertisements

4. =MGN=Josh

=MGN=Josh Unknown member. =MGN= Private Active Member

Forum Posts:
    Lol, gonna build some giant robotic avatar maker in my city XD

5. =MGN=Josh

=MGN=Josh Unknown member. =MGN= Private Active Member

Forum Posts:
    SunRise city. :P Tell me if I should change the name XD

6. Model Rocket

Model Rocket I believe I can fly! Proud Citizen of Dawn =MGN= Sergeant Active Member

Forum Posts:
    Can't wait until I build Sensation City! My application went through!

7. Sarah£££££

Sarah£££££ On Fire =MGN= Private Active Member

Forum Posts:
    well urbano is awsome the best server i ever visited...... and i think the main ingredients are the awsomesauce that we stole from red onion and creativity

8. HUGO H TEAM

HUGO H TEAM Keeps Coming Back! Active Member

Forum Posts:
    I miss the palace of freedom :( who else?